Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Another Good Finnish Blog Disappears

A few months back there was a spot of blogosphere controversy when a popular Finnish blogger abruptly closed his blog 16 Volts -apparently because of political pressure from the university at which he worked.

The bemusing epitaph to 16 Volts is still accessible here.

Another good Finnish blog called Desire to Conserve also appears to have closed down, just a few months after its on-line launch.

If I am mistaken and Desire to Conserve has moved then I would like to know the new address so I can provide a link.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was also disappointed that Desire to Conserve closed down so abruptly. It was one of the best of the European sites.

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Finland,

The Desire to Conserve went down because of technical problems and I haven't had time lately to restart it. When time permits from other commitments (sooner rather than later, I hope), I will rebuild TDtC or start a whole new blog. I will let you know.

Mike Courtman said...

Thanks, that great to here.